Warren Conference Center and Inn is located on over 100 acres adjacent to the Ashland State Reservoir. The historic property is now home to corporate and social events for groups of all sizes.
Warren Conference Center and Inn owes its humble beginnings to a famous inventor and inspirational man, Henry Ellis Warren, and his devoted wife, Edith Smith Warren. Today when you visit 529 Chestnut Street in Ashland, Massachusetts you see a modern Conference Center and Inn located in a rustic setting only 25 miles from one of New England's most active business hubs, Boston. Our beautiful lodges, conference buildings and Inn did not always grace these grounds.
In 1907 the land that Warren Conference Center and Inn is now on was a working farm. Henry, known best for his invention of the Telechron clock, rented half of a farm house located on the property (known today as The Warren House, which has five meeting rooms) after he married a childhood friend, Edith Smith. Later on, they bought the entire house, 45 acres around it and two adjoining farms for a total of 175 acres comprising his "Upland Farm." Where CEOs, managers, and investment analysts now walk, used to be a pasture for a fine breed of purebred cows!
In 1957, after the death of Henry, Edith donated 40 acres of their farm to Northeastern University as The Warren Center for Physical Education and Recreation. Always a philanthropist like her husband, Edith made it a summer camp for handicapped and underprivileged children. Along these same lines, 30 acres were donated for a 4-H Center, which is today situated across the road from the Warren Conference Center and Inn. The dedication of The Warren Center took place on May 12, 1967 at which time the Warren Benevolent Society, started by Edith, made an additional donation of 104 acres to Northeastern University. The College was the primary user of the facility for its recreation and physical education curricula.
July of 1992 The Warren Center transformed into The Warren Conference Center, no longer a camp but a Conference Center used for meetings for the business sector. In 1995 The Warren House was renovated for additional space and the Telechron (named after Henry's clock) and Maple rooms were added to the already existing Birch, Spruce and Ash rooms. In 1997 The Northern Lodge, which used to be the camp infirmary, was also renovated and made into four private overnight guest room suites.
There have been many additions and improvements to the Center over the years. The Hayden Lodge, reminiscent of an alpine ski lodge, now has an expanded dining room and meeting facilities. A major addition to the existing buildings was, The Inn located just above the waterfront. The Inn offers 49 private overnight guestrooms with luxurious accommodations, two new state-of-the-art meeting rooms, and a health club facility.
Warren Conference Center and Inn is constantly adding to its rich heritage of serving the people of New England and abroad. Come and visit Ashland and see what we're all about.